Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Obtains a copy of current Emergency Department log on a daily basis.
- Identifies and marks log /track sheets of hospital admittance, outpatient services, direct admits. Submits billing information, counts records to ensure reconciliation with the Emergency Dept. log, and submit trauma patient billing.
- Answer phone calls and handle inquiries.
- Collects previous day’s patient charts, sorting in date and time order.
- Reconciles missing or suspended list with required lag time.
- Collects critical care charges of procedures, such as procedures performed in ICU/hospital and obtains/pulls charts, demographic, and insurance information.
- Maintains copy of billing information.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
- Perform other duties as assigned.