St. Vincent's Home Health has an immediate Inpatient PRN COTA/ Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant opportunity in St. Martins in the Pines in Irondale!
We're proud to offer outstanding Pay, Flexible Scheduling, a Supportive Working Environment, Room for Professional Growth, and More!
Provides coordinated occupational therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
- Administers the occupational therapy treatment plan as planned, assigned/delegated, and supervised by the OT
- Facilitates, teaches (as appropriate) patients ROM, strength coordination, use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility and safety issues, as related to patients ADL performance needs
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy Assistant with an Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current State Certification as an Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- One year experience as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as set forth in the Therapy Practice Act and other regulatory agencies.
- Good interpersonal skills.