St. Vincent’s Home Health has a
Full Time Inpatient
Certified Occupational Therapist (COTA)
opportunity with St. Martin’s in the Pines in Irondale!
We’re Proud to Offer:
* Outstanding Pay *
* Health Benefits Including Medical, Dental, Vision *
* Life Insurance *
* ST/LT Disability Coverage *
* Tuition Reimbursement *
* 401K Match *
* Generous PTO Accrual *
* Room for Professional Growth *
* Mileage Reimbursement *
* Extensive Training Program *
* Company-Paid Tablet & Cell Phone *
* Positive Work/Life Balance *
* Exceptionally Supportive Leadership *
If you're seeking a fulfilling career in a caring environment, we would love to hear from you!
Provides coordinated occupational therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
- Administers the occupational therapy treatment plan as planned, assigned/delegated, and supervised by the OT
- Facilitates, teaches (as appropriate) patients ROM, strength coordination, use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility and safety issues, as related to patients ADL performance needs
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy Assistant with an Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current State Certification as an Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- One year experience as a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as set forth in the Therapy Practice Act and other regulatory agencies.
- Good interpersonal skills.