St. Vincent's Home Health has an Inpatient PRN Occupational Therapist opportunity in
St. Martin's in the Pines in Irondale!
We're proud to offer outstanding Pay, Flexible Scheduling, a Supportive Working Environment, Room for Professional Growth, and More!
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patients care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Evaluated occupational roles and occupational performance of patients with physical, psychosocial and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and elicits responses. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments (Agency/OASIS); evaluates sensory-motor neuromuscular, psychosocial, and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior. Assesses physical, social, safety, and cultural components of the patient’s occupational environment. Teaches client/family disease process and treatments needed. Fabricates and maintains adaptive equipment and hand splints
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients’ needs and desires, including home health aide and COTA supervision
- Documents, prepares, and completes a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis, including identification of therapy barriers and desired outcomes and goal setting; revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data; plans for discharge of patients
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Current State License as an Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of durable medical equipment