St. Vincent's Home Health has an Inpatient PRN Physical Therapist opportunity at
St. Martin's in the Pines in Irondale!
We're proud to offer outstanding Pay, Flexible Scheduling, a Supportive Working Environment & More! If you're an experienced, dedicated Physical Therapist seeking a PRN opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Plans, organizes, and conducts physical therapy treatment program based on the medical referral and their evaluation. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments to identify patient needs, determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points and appropriateness of patient for home health
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients’ needs and desires
- Prepares, and completes a Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members. Documents on progress notes, phones orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis. Revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data
- Plans and provides appropriate treatment for neuromuscular, neurological, and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment
- Assists/instructs patient/family in transfer techniques appropriate to patient abilities. Instructs on use of equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc., in a safe manner. Utilizes appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and needs
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved program
- Current State License as an Physical Therapist
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- Two years’ experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care or rehabilitation setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment