St. Vincent's Home Health has an immediate
Inpatient PRN Physical Therapy Assistant
opportunity in St. Martin's in the Pines in Irondale!
Provides coordinated physical therapy to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers the physical therapy treatment as planned, assigned/delegated, and supervised by the PT
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
Administers non-complex, active, and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction, heat, light, cold, water, and electrical modalities to patients as planned, delegated, and supervised by the PT, including participating in patient/family teaching
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant with an Associate Degree in Physical Therapy
- Current State License as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Two years’ experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.