Reverence Home Health & Hospice, an Ascension at Home company, has an immediate need for a PRN Home Health Physical Therapist (PT) in the Battle Creek area.
Ascension at Home provides comprehensive home-based services across Michigan. Our services include Home Health, Hospice and Home Infusion Therapy. Our caregivers work directly with the patient's physician to provide better outcomes for all.
We are looking for a PT to join our inter-professional care team in the Kalamazoo area, is are passionate about healthcare and longing to make a difference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments to identify patient needs, determine level of functioning, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points and appropriateness of patient for home health
- Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients’ needs and desires
- Prepares, and completes a Plan of Care in consultation with the physician and other care-team members. Documents on progress notes, phones orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis. Revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data
- Plans and provides appropriate treatment for neuromuscular, neurological, and orthopedic disorders based on medical referral and therapy assessment
- Assists/instructs patient/family in transfer techniques appropriate to patient abilities. Instructs on use of equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs, canes, etc., in a safe manner. Utilizes appropriate therapy equipment specific to patient diagnosis and needs
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an American Physical Therapy Association approved program
- Current State License as an Physical Therapist
- Valid Driver’s License.
Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- Two years’ experience as a Physical Therapist in an acute care or rehabilitation setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of durable medical equipment
Ascension at Home is a joint venture between Evolution Health and Ascension. There is room for career growth with endless possibilities as Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the United States. In addition, Evolution Health is owned by Envision Healthcare, a Fortune 500 company. When you join our team, you will become a part of helping to achieve desired patient outcomes!
To apply for this amazing opportunity and/or learn more about our organization, please go to www.ahah.net.