Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers the physical therapy treatment as planned, assigned/delegated, and supervised by the PT
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered according to the plan of care with appropriate documentation
- Administers non-complex, active, and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, traction, heat, light, cold, water, and electrical modalities to patients as planned, delegated, and supervised by the PT, including participating in patient/family teaching
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.