Primary function is to administer skilled nursing care, under the supervision of a registered nurse, for clients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family, and referring agency
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
- Assures continuity of quality patient care delivered with appropriate documentation
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payers
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physicians, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals as necessary
- Participates in planning and implementing specialized procedures and duties assisting the RN. Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in identifying the patient’s physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, and team report
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Practical nursing
- Current State License as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current Driver’s License
- Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
- Two years of experience as an LPN in a clinical care setting, home health preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
- Good interpersonal skills.