Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains authorizations and insurance verifications in a timely manner
- Reviews the insurance verification and completes the authorization process within established time frames. Accurately enters data into software program
- Receives MD order and coverage authorization from agency designee. Works closely with agency to meet established timelines
- Works closely with and supports team efforts to accomplish authorization/verification
- Requests authorization from insurance company case manager to provide specific services and parameters of care
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals and maintains confidentiality
- Negotiate rates with insurance provider if out-of-network
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.