Gem City Home Care is looking for an Intake Manager for our Dayton Office.
The Intake Coordinator will oversee intake department to ensure coordination of patient care between various departments of the agency occurs in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complete insurance verification on all new intake and follow-up appropriately for authorization.
· Complete Payor Change forms and insurance verification.
· Complete Intake Forms with information faxed from referral sources.
· Receives incoming patient referrals via phone and fax.
· Coordinates patient care between the scheduling department, authorization department, and field staff.
· Assists with scheduling as needed by staffing patient cases with the correct discipline.
· Contacts field staff to verify availability to assign patient based on needs.
· Responds promptly and courteously to all patient inquiries or problems.
· Assists each field staff member as needed.
· Coordinates with IV Pharmacy if necessary.
· Assigns therapy staff by appropriate location.
· Coordinates with Home Care Coordinators to process received intake patient information.
· Notifies Face to Face Coordinator when intake information is received for Medicare or Medicaid patients to assist the Face to Face process
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow
Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
· Mentor employees, provided input for performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel in conjunction with Manager, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
· High school diploma or completed GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· One (1) year of home health care experience
· One (1) year of supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent leadership skills
· Good computer skills
· Good interpersonal, and organizational skills