Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active participation in meeting agency customer satisfaction goals.
- Create predictability for patients by following standard practices and using KEY WORDS AT KEY TIMES to decrease caregiver anxiety.
- Provides professional social work services by responding to referrals, and assesses psychosocial needs of patients/families. Plans, implements, and evaluates results of the physician plan of treatment for social services through the social work plan of care, provides therapeutic interventions, participates in interdisciplinary group meetings and community care conferences.
- Provides comprehensive documentation in the patient’s medical record.
- Promote a positive culture among and across the hospice team.
- Promote teamwork and shared responsibility for attaining the agency mission and vision.
- Actively engage in QAPI initiatives and compliance activities.
- Take part in professional development to maintain qualifications for role; completes CBTs in a timely manner.
- Enhances the quality of patient care by providing advisory, consultative and educational services to professional staff as indicated; implements services in accordance with the established plan of care in compliance with third party regulators, physician orders, and policies and professional standards of practice; uses community resources and coordinates appropriate referrals.
- Identifies actual or potential quality/safety/ethical/legal issues in patient care, and participates in resolution strategies.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Promote efficiency in use of supplies and visit utilization including mileage.
- Is an ambassador for the agency in daily encounters with referral sources
- Promote positive relationships with contracted facilities.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with education and marketing for community groups and contracted facilities.
- Facilitate grief support groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.