LPN Licensed Practical Nurse - Envision Healthcare
Weekend night shift 7 pm to 7 am at Winnie Palmer Hospital.
Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group focused on delivering high quality care to patients when and where they need it most. More than 30,000 clinicians and clinical support teammates call Envision home. We welcome teammates of every background and work in communities that reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and economic diversity of our country.
Through Envision Physician Services and AMSURG, our clinician-led organization is changing the face of healthcare by delivering high-quality care that puts the patient first.
Envision’s core values drive continual advancement and ingenuity across the enterprise:
We offer you an outstanding total compensation package, and a variety of health and welfare benefit options to help protect your health and promote your wellbeing. The benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision, life & disability, 401k, HSA, Flexible Spending and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
· Assists in assessment and care of patient and patient needs within the scope of practical nursing license.
· Prepares and assists physician with procedures (including but not limited to peripheral nerve blocks, nerve catheters, line placements) in patient care areas under the direct supervision of the supervising physician.
· Be able to perform IVs and phlebotomy when needed to expedite patient care
· Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits- Assist in the collection of patient information for supervising medical staff member review to facilitate documentation and information flow; i.e. lab results, timing of patient tests, patients vs. activities, etc. coordinating lab results and x-rays from other hospitals when applicable.
· Collects specimens, labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding. Sends specimens to the lab per patient’s insurance plan.
· Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
· Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
· Processes orders as directed by provider.
· Prepares patient bays for procedures.
· May maintain medical supplies ordering and inventory within budget; reports variances to manager.
· Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
· Performs patient education.
· Communicates, within scope of license, medical results to patients.
· Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
· Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
· Completes requests for medical consults/records.
· Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
· Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
· Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
· May ensure office compliance with OSHA/CLIA/HIPAA regulations.
· May maintain controlled substance inventory in the absence of RN.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
· Good organizational skills
· Communicate and work well in a team environment
· Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
· Follow up in a timely manner on open items
· Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Graduate certificate from an accredited program of practical nursing.
· A minimum of (2) year (s) of related experience and/or training.
· Special certifications noted below.
Certificates and Licenses:
· Current State License of Practical Nursing.
· Active CPR certification required, BLS or ACLS preferred.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS